Common Auto Accident Related Back Injury Treatment with our Solon Chiropractor
The large, intricate, and mobile spine is one of the most frequently damaged parts of the body in car collisions. According to the National SCI Statistical Center, motor vehicle accidents are actually the leading cause of spinal cord injuries. Other less severe types of spine-related complications are also incredibly common. Our Solon chiropractic team, led by Dr. Reed and Dr. Grant, have worked with hundreds of Ohio folks struggling with low back pain, neck pain, and other symptoms related to car crashes.
Common Types of Spinal Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
In addition to spinal cord injuries, the most common complications we see in our patients are:
- Disc injuries: typically disc bulge or disc herniation, either of which can impinge on nearby spinal nerves leading to nerve impingement syndrome (e.g., radiculopathy or sciatica)
- Vertebral joint subluxations: when joints are forced out of alignment, the entire spine and nervous system can be affected
- Vertebral bone fractures: these can be compression fractures or fractures that cause one vertebra to slip forward over the one below it
- Muscle strains and spasms: this may include direct damage to muscle fibers, or muscles may become tense due to reflexive guarding as an attempt to protect an underlying injury
- Spinal ligament sprains: long ligaments in your spine can easily become overstretched and damaged due to forceful directional changes in car accidents
- Whiplash: this is a syndrome associated with neck and shoulder pain, headaches, and jaw pain
These injuries can happen during low-speed accidents and can occur at any level of the spine. Symptoms range from mild to severe, including pain, stiffness, tenderness, and numbness, tingling, and weakness in the arms or legs. Symptoms may not show up right away due to changes in hormone levels which can mask pain.
Effective Back Pain Treatment from an Auto Accident Chiropractor in Solon
Despite how common rear-end collision injuries, front collision injuries, side impact injuries, and other types of acceleration/deceleration injuries are, most of these conditions respond positively to chiropractic care. The following are just a few treatments a chiropractor in Solon can offer you or your loved one post-auto accident:
- Cold laser therapy: stimulates cellular repair and metabolism through the use of low-frequency light waves
- Chiropractic adjustments: realigns the spine, triggers the release of pain-relieving hormones and neurotransmitters, and restores normal function of the nervous system
- Spinal Decompression: relieves pressure on nerves and accelerates disc healing
Is Your Back Hurting After a Car Accident? Come By Reed Chiropractic to Get Back to Health
Contact the staff at Reed Chiropractic by dialing 440-248-2866 to schedule an initial consultation with a chiropractor near you!