Reed Chiropractic Clinic offers non-invasive pain management solutions to patients afflicted by upper back pain. Our certified Solon chiropractors, Dr. Reed and Dr. Grant, believes in providing individualized chiropractic care to meet the specific wellness needs of each patient. We can diagnose your condition using advanced medical equipment, and then select the most effective treatment modalities to eliminate your pain and boost total-body wellness.
What Causes Upper Back Pain?
The upper back is a robust structure designed to bear weight and balance the lower body. It houses the thoracic spine which is engineered to be stable and less vulnerable to injury. In spite of this, accident, sports, or workplace injuries, physical overexertion, muscle strains, and degenerative conditions can cause mild to severe pain. Other causes are:
- Herniated thoracic discs
- Thoracic spine injury or misalignment
- Poor posture such as sitting hunched forward
- Muscle tension, stress, irritation, or inflammation
Your symptoms may include a sharp searing or dull aching pain which comes on suddenly (acute pain), develops gradually, or persist for weeks (chronic pain). The pain may worsen when you lift objects or spread to the shoulders, arms, chest, mid-back, or lower back. Muscle stiffness or soreness is common. Numbness, tingling, or weakness may also occur if the spinal nerve is pinched.
Upper Back Pain Treatment by Our Chiropractor in Solon, OH
Your chiropractic care plan will depend on what's causing the pain, which we will determine from a comprehensive physical and medical evaluation at our clinic. These therapies can then be combined to target pain at its source and provide extensive relief:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Back pain due to vertebral misalignment, disc herniation, or impinged nerves is improved with spinal adjustments. Our skilled chiropractors may use a hand thrust method or another safe adjustment technique to deliver controlled force to the spine. This realigns the joints and other musculoskeletal structures, takes the pressure off the nerves and discs, and regulates nervous system functions.
- Spinal Decompression: Decompression therapy uses traction force to stretch the spine, restore bulging discs, and ease pain due to compressed nerve or herniated discs.
- Soft Tissue Therapies: Massage therapy, cold laser therapy, and Kinesio taping address stiffness, tension, and inflammation. These therapies optimize pain relief while providing an environment for soft-tissue healing and repair.
- Complimentary Services: We usually recommend corrective exercises to relax, strengthen, and rebuild muscles and connective tissue. Nutritional counseling is also offered to help you stay healthy.
Say Goodbye to Back Pain the Natural Way!
Reed Chiropractic Clinic can help you get rid of back pain, so you can live life to its fullest. Our functional and drug-free approach to treating various pain conditions is one reason why patients in Solon, OH, and nearby cities choose us. Call (440) 248-2866 to schedule an appointment today.